Teacher Training with Kristi Gunnershaug and Twink McKenney
Yoga Dimensions–200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
2016/2017 Fall session
Saturday 10am-7pm & Sunday 12-7pm: October 1st & 2nd/ October 15th & 16th/ October 29th & 30th/ November 12th & 13th/ November 19th & 20th/ December 3rd & 4th/ December 17th & 18th/ January 14th & 15th/ January 28th & 29th/ February 11th & 12th/ February 25th & 26th/ March 4th & 5th/ March 18th & 19th/ April 1st & 2nd.
Kristi fell in love with yoga about 20 years ago. She first thought it would just be another form of activity to add to her daily work-outs. She soon found that it would be one of the greatest modalities of healing-mentally, physically, spiritually. She has been teaching for over 15 years now, and is passionate about the practice on and off the mat.
Twink McKenney is a 500-hr Para Yoga Teacher, Certified Yoga Nidra Teacher, Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist (Himalayan Institute), Certified Yoga Nidra instructor (Jennifer Reis) and Certified Hypnotist. She has been immersed in the study of yoga and astrology for over 30 years.
This yoga teacher training will be focused on giving a strong foundation for finding your inner voice as a teacher as well as having plenty of in classroom practice teaching and receiving feedback from the lead teacher. There will only be in person teaching/practicing. While completing the requirements for the yoga alliance 200 hour YTT program, you will have plenty of opportunities to explore the practice of teaching in a supportive, positive, fun environment.
We will complete the required hours of the yoga alliance for YTT 200 hour program in the following 5 fields:
1. Technique, Training, and Practice: including asanas(postures), pranayama(breath work), kriyas, chanting, mantra, and meditation. (100 hours)*
2. Methodology: demonstation, language and voice, dominant teaching style and how to accommodate others learning styles( 25 hours )*
3. Anatomy and Physiology: basic human anatomy, focused physiology in regards to the yoga practice itself, energetic body (i.e. the chakra system)(20 hours)*
4. Philosophy and Ethics: ethics of a yoga teacher, self-care for a yoga teacher, seva (self-less works and how you can incorporate that into your teaching), basic yoga philosophy regarding the yamas and niyamas, overview of traditional yoga texts, history of yoga, basic sanskrit for postures(30 hours)*
5. Practicum- *EACH trainee will fulfill the REQUIRED 5 content hours as a lead instructor including feedback, will create and demonstrate a special population class, will create and teach a donation class, will have time observing, giving and receiving feedback, practice hands-on assists, and practice sequencing(10 hours/ 5 contact hours as lead teacher)*
The remainder of the contact and elective (70 hours)- will primarialy focus on practice of actual teaching so that you feel prepared and practiced by the end of the course, as well as a certification of CPR.
Here is a sample day:
10:15-11:30 group practice
12-1 discuss practice along with journaling about practice
1-3 learn a breathing practice, posture clinic: anatomy and technique of postures
3-4 practice teaching each other what you just learned
4-5 stretching/restorative practice
5-6 introduction to chanting and mantra practice
6-7 recap day, check in with each other, discuss homework
homework:observe someone’s posture in public, journal about it using anatomical terms, come up with 3 postures to help counterbalance the subjects posture.*required contact and non contact hours/field per yoga alliance standards
$2800 if paid before September 1st, 2016
$3000 after September 1st, 2016
Registration closes September 29th, 2016
There is a non-refundable $50 deposit required with the application.
Apply by email : http://firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d Love to Hear From You
Yoga Dimensions, situated in a plaza on South Main Street, is easy to find with a uniquely decorated exterior that sets it apart from its neighbors. The studio was created with the perfect yoga experience in mind. Among the materials used to construct the beautiful and peaceful interior are Indian Sandstone, cedar and imported fabrics, and antiques. The lighting is adjustable; the studio is kept warm and inviting.
Water and loaner mats are available at no cost.
This class is designed to enhance this special time physically and emotionally and to prepare
Saturday, May 13th with YD staff 12-1:30 Donations of any size going to Susan G
30 Classes for $300! (Expires one year from date of purchase.) Click to purchase: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=145763&stype=41&sTG=22&prodId=10402
Saturday, May 20 4:30-6 pm $35 (must register in advance as your chart info will
Pay what you can with portion of proceeds to Women's Center of Greater Danbury Y12SR
Our popular $5 community classes return taught by our recent Yoga Teacher Training graduates! Fridays
Feel the power with our newest instructor, Olena, on Wednesday nights at 7:30 pm!
Sunday, May 28 4:30-6 pm $20/$30 for two (Bring a friend!) In Yoga Nidra, the
For New Students only who have never been to the studio 14 consecutive days in
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training . Payment Plans are available upon request.
Intro to Yoga Series If you've been wanting to try yoga but don't know where